WESTCHESTER COUNTY & HUDSON VALLEY WEDDING GUIDE
Tips About Wedding Toasts You Need to Know
There are lots of logistics to work out during a wedding, and emotions are running high, so the emotionally intelligent thing to do is be prepared.
A suggested order for wedding toasts during the Rehearsal Dinner is:
During the Reception, the order of wedding toasts might be:
Here are ten tips for giving the wedding toasts:
1. Keep the toast 3-5 minutes long and maintain eye contact with the bride and groom as you deliver it.
2. Stand and deliver! Sit down if it's for you. Before you begin the wedding toast, announce your relationship to the bride and groom. Everyone may not know.
3. Use personal anecdotes; how the bride and groom met is always popular. Don’t give a long string of characteristics. Rather choose a few adjectives, hitting the high points, i.e., she's lovely, vivacious and kind.
4. Use tasteful humor and don't do “in” jokes that only a few will get. You want to include, not exclude. And stay PG-rated. There may be children there, and also it’s your responsibility to make sure on this occasion you offend absolutely no one.
5. End on a serious note. Finish the wedding toast with a wish, a blessing, cheers! or congratulations. “To the bride and groom” always works.
6. Practice your wedding toast a lot beforehand. It’s not a good time to “wing it” especially if you plan to be imbiding beforehand.
7. Make sure all the glasses are full before you begin.
8. Do NOT mention past girlfriends, past marriage, or past relationships. That’s what the stag party is for.
9. And don’t end with something negative which may slip into your mind if you aren't prepared like,“ And I hope theirs doesn’t end in divorce like mine did.”
10. Can’t think of what to say? There are a host of services that will write wedding toasts for you - ranging in price from $19 to $119. Here are three:
|Home || Site Map || Link to Us || Advertisers || E-mail Us|
|Westchester-Weddings.com is published by Calico Systems Inc. Copyright © 2003 - 2011 Calico Systems Inc. All rights reserved.|